Thursday, February 09, 2006

Week One check in!

Well, I've been doing my new diet & exercise plan for one whole week now. Here's the lowdown:

Starting Stats:
weight: 172.6 lbs.
body fat: 39.5%

Cheating:
Super Bowl party (see Feb. 6 entry)
KFC (But I only had chicken strips! I WANTED extra crispy chicken breasts and mashed potatoes and a buttermilk roll--three cheers for willpower!)
McDonalds (But I only had chicken selects, 1/2 my fries, and 1/2 my Hi-C soda! I WANTED a quarter pounder with cheese and a Dr. Pepper and chocolate-dipped ice cream cone--three more cheers for willpower!)

Exercise:
14 miles/4 hours, 40 minutes (approx. 40 minutes a day)

Progress (DRUM ROLL PLEASE!):
current weight: 170.0 lbs.--2.6 pounds lost!
current body fat: 37%--2 percentage points lost!

YES! Measurable success!! Two pounds a week is fine by me. At this rate I will be at my target weight by the beginning of September. It sounds like it's a long way away, but at the rate time's going, it'll feel like, two weeks from now...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wonderful progress!

Do you go to the nutritionist to get your body fat measured or do you have a fancy scale that does it?

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Fancy scale. :) We got it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond as a wedding gift. They're not that expensive, really--I think it was around $80. Very handy when you are doing strength training, because you don't normally lose weight, but your fat gets burned and you gain muscle, so you can see the fat % going down even when your weight is staying about the same.