Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Vote for Matt!

Matt Shephardson was, once upon a time, a much beloved worship leader at Willow Creek Church, where I grew up. He was a great guy; had such a great heart and a boatload of musical talent. And, of course, was an all-round great guy. And of course, it's the great guys that get the short end of the stick--he was diagnosed with MS a few years back, and nearly died, if I remember correctly from the email updates I received so often. Not long ago I wondered whatever happened to him--and was almost afraid to ask, in case the news was worse than I could handle. Well, out of the blue I received an email from a friend today, saying Matt is one of 5 finalists in a contest the Chicago Cubs are holding to pick a one-time singer of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at the 7th inning stretch! Today, and today only, you can vote for Matt and help him achieve a life-long dream. Please stop over there today and put in a vote for a great guy!

1 comment:

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Hi Alison,
Our mutual friend Bob sent me the link to your blog, very nice. Fun to read about what's going on with your writing and your family.
I'm a long time Willow person (yeah, I'm still there) and former Daily H. reporter. Your dad was the pastor at our wedding.
Anyway, I voted for Matt--I remember him leading worship at WC--awesome.

Peace
Keri