Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pleasant Discovery

I've been completely absorbed in the book "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon, and the last two nights I've stayed up till 11:30 reading. Now, ever since the arrival of our little Abby, my bedtime has been her bedtime, because, well, I thought that's how one had to do it when one was being awakened a million times during the night to nurse; I figured I'd need to go to bed early to make up for all the time I'd spend awake in the middle of the night. But the last two mornings after styaing up late I've felt really good, and I suddenly realized: I've never been good at sleeping through the night, even before I had a baby, and I never thought it necessary to guarantee myself 10 hours in bed. So what does this mean? It means 1.5-2 hours of glorious me time at night! Hallelujah! Books and blogging, here I come!

No comments: