Monday, October 29, 2007

Honest-to-goodness writing news

Shocker! I actually have something to blog about that is related to writing! Savor it; who knows when another will come along.

So I'm all excited because a great publishing house offered me a three book contract. I'm over the moon--and was a little freaked until I came up with some great second and third books ideas. Chip the Super Agent is starting negotiations today. Woohoo! I'm pumped about my other ideas, too. Haven't pitched them to the house yet because I'm still working on the ideas and want to wait until the contract is a sure deal, but I think they'll be great for this house.

It's nice to be wanted. :) And the best part is that they don't need the manuscript until next autumn! A whole year! Score!

2 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Congratulations, Alison! I look forward to reading your books.

Unknown said...

Oh, Al, that is just great news! Congrats! That must be a relief to kind of know where you're going to be and what you're going to need to do for the next year. Awesome!!