I'm trying, really I am, to make this blog more about writing and less about my kid. But what can I do when she's so stinkin' cute?
- Three days in a row, after I finished singing "Silent Night" (one of her bedtime lullabies) she thrust her fist in the air and whispered, "Yesssss!"
- Conversation between her and Dan:
Dan: Do you taste like cookies?
Dan: Do you taste like chocolate?
Dan: Well, what do you taste like?
- Conversation between me and Abby:
Me: Can I kiss you forever?
Me: Can I hug you forever?
Me: Well what can I do with you forever?
Abby: Watch "Clues"! (AKA Blue's Clues, her favorite tv show ever, and thankfully a really cute one that I don't mind watching eight million times in a row.)
- She turned her first somersault today! Not on purpose, of course--she was staring at me between her legs and moving her feet a bit and suddenly went over. She looked stunned and wasn't clear why I was clapping and all excited.
- She makes up little songs all time time. You can't usually tell what it is she's singing, but often she'll just sing "I like ____" (well, yike) and just list things over and over. This morning it was, "I like Blue. I like Joe. I like paci. I like grapes."
And so we come to the end…
8 months ago